This organic cotton has a fine twill with a soft sanded finish on one side.
It would be ideal for trousers, dungarees and dresses that require some structure ie. not a gathered waist, as well as lighter weight jackets and bag linings. It has a utility look and feel to it. Nancie is wearing the Denham jacket (new pattern coming soon).
- 100% organic cotton.
- Deep forest green.
- 150cm wide.
- Due to the nature of the organic cotton yarn which is less refined and processed, there may be the odd white speck in this cloth.
- Machine wash at 30, do not bleach.
- Iron on a medium heat.
- Do not tumble dry.
- This cloth is Oeko-Tex certified.
- Allow for up to 5% shrinkage.
Lengths might not be 10m exactly – please allow +/- 20%
We have several colours in this range, which you can see by clicking on ‘related products’.
This fabric is suitable for the following patterns in the Workbook: Haremere and Strides.
Elwen is wearing the Thelma in size 10.
We recommend pre washing your fabric before sewing. Putting a large piece of medium-heavy weight canvas into the washing machine can sometimes lead to white creases in the fabric, this is because it is a stiff fabric so it doesn’t have room to move around. We recommend doing the following to help this not to happen:
- Wash your fabric on its own for the first wash.
- Sink your fabric in water before hand, letting it fully absorb, so you are putting in the canvas already wet.
- If you can break up your fabric into half this will help.
- For the first wash use a delicate 30 degree cycle with a low spin.
- If any white creases develop, ironing on a medium heat whilst still damp will help.
- Can be tumble dried on a low heat.