This organic cotton has a fine twill with a soft sanded finish on one side. We have more colours in this range, which you can see by clicking on ‘related products’.
It would be ideal for trousers, dungarees and dresses that require some structure ie not a gathered waist, as well as lighter weight jackets and bag linings. It has a utility look and feel to it.
- 150cm wide.
- 8oz, 271gsm.
- 100% organic cotton.
- Due to the nature of the organic cotton yarn which is less refined and processed, there may be the odd white speck in this cloth.
- Machine wash at 30, do not bleach.
- Iron on a medium heat.
- Do not tumble dry.
- Country of origin; Turkey.
- This cloth is Oeko-Tex certified.
- Allow for up to 5% shrinkage.
Lengths might not be 10m exactly – please allow +/- 20%
We recommend pre washing your fabric before sewing. Putting a large piece of medium-heavy weight canvas into the washing machine can sometimes lead to white creases in the fabric, this is because it is a stiff fabric so it doesn’t have room to move around. We recommend doing the following to help this not to happen:
- Wash your fabric on its own for the first wash.
- Sink your fabric in water before hand, letting it fully absorb, so you are putting in the canvas already wet.
- If you can break up your fabric into half this will help.
- For the first wash use a delicate 30 degree cycle with a low spin.
- If any white creases develop, ironing on a medium heat whilst still damp will help.
- Can be tumble dried on a low heat.