A high quality organic cotton ticking, overdyed in classic Merchant & Mills tones – limited stock to start, but we have 700m undyed ready to make colour decisions!
This ticking would be ideal for upholstery and soft furnishings, but would also work for some of our patterns. We could see this ticking being made into the Foreman and Ottoline jackets, the Harlene dungarees or the Miller waistcoat.
We have 7 colours in this ticking range, to see these please click on ‘alternative fabrics’.
- 100% organic cotton.
- 160cm wide.
- 10oz, 340gsm.
- 18,000 rubs (Martindale rub test).
- Country of origin; Woven in Turkey dyed and finished in the UK.
- Wash at 30 degrees with a non bio detergent. Do not tumble.
If you are sewing clothes, we always recommend pre washing the fabric in the way you want to wash your final garment. Putting a large piece of medium-heavy weight canvas into the washing machine can sometimes lead to white creases in the fabric, this is because it is a stiff fabric so it doesn’t have room to move around. We recommend doing the following to help this not to happen:
- Wash your fabric on its own for the first wash.
- Sink your fabric in water before hand, letting it fully absorb, so you are putting in the canvas already wet.
- If you can break up your fabric into half this will help.
- For the first wash use a delicate 30 degree cycle with a low spin.
- If any white creases develop, ironing on a medium heat whilst still damp will help.
When you have made the garment we would recommend washing it inside out. If you are using this ticking for upholstery then you might decide to not pre wash.